Followers

Saturday, September 22, 2007

terrible week...

i'm the steward group leader for Group 5 and this week (17-21st September) was a terrible week for me...yes, it was my steward group's turn AGAIN to handle the food matters (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and im telling you it is MORE than just that! we also hold the keys to all of the major classrooms by turns.

to make things worst, many of my members HAD tried their best NOT to 'disappoint' me BUT they failed to make me smile for the rest of the week. i'm SO USED to this, almost immuned, since i work ALONE despite the fact that I DO HAVE AN ASSISTANT. it is nearly a year now...so there wont be any more suprises.

all this reminded me of a praise and worship leader. (THIS IS JUST AN ILLUSTRATION). this fella always look for the best musician for himself, everytime when he is assigned to lead in the worship session. he will pick the best pianist, the better guitarist and a good bassist even though they are not in the roster. he will refused other musicians who were teamed with him by the office.

the story goes that one time, this particular guy was partnered with a not-so-good pianist girl. this guy was so furious and even came to the point that he refused to lead the worship once he found out about it last minute. he stepped down the stage. so the guitarist who was unprepared had to take on the RESPONSIBILITY of leading the worship, bringing the people into a time of meaningful worship.

this stinking attitude went on and on for quite a number of times. he always wanted the best musicians and unintentionally hurt a number of people whom he rejected.

and on one very fortunate day, he approached a very good drummer, wanted to ask him to play the drums for the worship the next day. he actually already had a drummer to play for him but as usual, he refused to follow the schedule. he wanted the best and only the best.

the drummer asked him, "why do u call me? i thought u already had a drummer assigned together to play for u?"

this fella arrogantly replied, " i don wan him...i only choose the best for my team...that's why i called u..."

to which the drummer replied, " and so do i...i dont think i want to play for u...!"

...and from that day on, the worship leader never choose his music band...

friends, i am stuck with such a helpful group of people for nearly a year now...and as thier leader, i always wanted to serve together with them in our steward group. and i believe i had done my best. if people do not see that, then God does. my God told me 'never to stop at a certain point when u can go further'.

some people just couldnt see my effort. but God did.
some people just know how to condemn WITHOUT first, knowing my situation. but God knows.
some people are just too busy looking at my mistakes that they failed to see my contributions THIS WHOLE WEEK, NOT JUST TO MY STEWARD GROUP BUT ALSO TO MY FRIEND'S PASTORAL GROUP. God saw me, and he carried me through. oh yes He did!

to conclude, im just a tired and good looking young man. if u get the joke! ;p

No comments: