Followers

Sunday, September 9, 2007

the man who built his house on the rock

the man who built his house on the rock
As I was alone, meditating in my room, I flipped on the pages of the Bible to look for Psalm 62. I was moved to read it again and actually the particular Psalm was used in the sermon this morning. It talks about ‘confidence in The Lord, man is unreliable, The Lord of my salvation and exhortation to trust, not in man but in The Lord.
I prayed over the things that I understood from Psalm 62 and the Holy Spirit led me to look at Luke 6:47-49. I was taken aback by the verses! Somehow, The Lord ‘speaks’ to me even clearer through this ‘extra reading’!
“I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice.
He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built.
But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete."….Luke 6:47-49.
Have I put the words of Jesus into practice when I heard it and come to Him…???
What kind of house am I building…??? A temporal house? A permanent one?
How deep have I dug OR should I ask ‘how deep have I rooted in His words’???
When I struck the rock, do I stop? Or do I continue digging??? I should stop, for I know I have found the prefect site to lay the foundation!
Lately, a great wave came over me and almost washed me and my house away...but this time I was prepared and so the damage was little…I was left unshaken! PRAISE THE LORD!!
I dug deeply…I set my house on the rock…I saw the flood came…and I just sat and relaxed and played my guitar ignoring the flood that came my way…how wonderful it is to experience the ‘confidence in The Lord’…!!
I thank You Lord!

No comments: