Followers

Monday, May 5, 2008

Routine


How can i make prayer a part of my daily routine?

God's response in the Scripture:

1. When I heard these things, I sat down and wept. For some days I mourned and fasted and prayed before the God of heaven. (Nehemiah 1:4).

2. The king said to me, "What is it you want?" Then I prayed to the God of heaven (Nehemiah 2:4).

3. They were all trying to frighten us, thinking, "Their hands will get too weak for the work, and it will not be completed." But I prayed, "Now strengthen my hands." (Nehemiah 6:9)

The Book of Nehemiah was one of our major text for Homiletics class last year. My favourite chapter is Nehemiah 8:10 but I did not get to preach on it, instead I preached on chapter 4.

I choose to use Nehemiah here because he is one of the best example of man in the Bible to turn to God IN PRAYER whenever things r getting tougher and there were dead ends on every corner of his life.

This is my reflection for today:

Take a lesson from nehemiah. He communicated at length with God through prayer and fasting. At other times, he prayed to God at a moment's notice when he needed God's help in an urgent matter. He prayed for protection and strength.

Making prayer a habit begins with conciously making time for prayer, but after a while it will soon become second nature as you walk and talk with God throughout the day.

Prayer should be as natural as breathing.

Ezra praised the LORD, the great God; and all the people lifted their hands and responded, "Amen! Amen!" Then they bowed down and worshiped the LORD with their faces to the ground.
(Nehemiah 8:6).


-'7 eleven prayer' with Rod: 7 am and 11 pm daily!-

No comments: