Followers

Thursday, May 8, 2008

CONFESSION

When should we confess our sins?
A very good question that i am reflecting on tonight...

LEVITICUS 5:5... " `When anyone is guilty in any of these ways, he must confess in what way he has sinned.

Luke 15:18... I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you.

JAMES 5:16... Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.
God always use the feeling of guilt in my conscience to help me know that it is time to apologize or confess my wrongdoing.
Sinning shamelessly, without a sense of guilt, is an abnormal way of shutting God out.
If i don't have the desire to have my sins forgiven, God will not forgive them.
I should ask God to reveal actions and thoughts that i'm not even aware of that displeases Him.
That is why reflecting is very important.
Do i ever feel guilty for the things that i have said or done to other people?
Then, it is time to apologize and seek forgiveness.
Confession is an indication that i desire to have my sins forgiven.
Lord, please remove my guilt, restore my joy and willing obedience, and heal my broken soul.
Amen.

No comments: