Followers

Monday, May 5, 2008

relationship with JC


One day i am going to be out there in the real ministry.

Things will be very different from my weekend practical or year-end-practical.

I can't afford to make even a simple mistake in my future ministry.

Congregations are getting more and more advance and complicated.

The people who will sit and listen to my preaching IS NOT the same group 20 years ago.

They will not be the same people.

Most of them are highly educated.

Many will possess degree and head-knowledge, perhaps better than mine.

Many will have the access to Chrisitians resources in the net.

So...WHAT can I do to remain as an effective and a non-mantenance priest?

TIME WITH GOD.

RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD.

The diffrerence between Jesus and the Pharisees during His time was 'an intimate and close relationship with The Father'.

The Pharisees are very good in religious issues.

They were the ones who have the head knowledge about God.

But they are far....Pharisee (FAR-u-see?)

Far from God.

Jesus set a good example for His believers.

THE RELATIONSHIP.

It really is important. But to label it as a degree to judge a person's faith, is a sad thing and we should draw a fine line on that.

God sees our hearts.

Therefore, if I am to go out there to work in the field...

The harvest will be a tough thing to harvest and handle.

But again, just like Jesus and the Pharisees, although they have the same head-knowledge about God but they don't have the relationship with The Father like Jesus does.

That will be the difference and the advantage that should keep me revitalized and refreshed to catch up with the new generations of Christians in my future ministry.

I thank You Father for speaking to me about this issue tonight.

Keep on giving me new revelations of my ministry as I journey side by side with You, Father.

I thank You for this calling, for this life and for the Redeemer's blood on the cross.


(John 8:19) Then they asked him, "Where is your father?" "You do not know me or my Father," Jesus replied. "If you knew me, you would know my Father also."


-Pastor Rock's daily reflection-




No comments: