Followers

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Rest In Peace....!!!!

Rest in Peace!!!

Today (31st January 2008) was a very tiring and energy-demanding day for me and some of my friends as well.

First of all, it was Thursday. Every Thursday morning (beginning from 7 am until 7.30 am) all the Anglican students are expected to attend the Morning Anglican Worship and so I have to wake up as early as 6.30am in the morning. On normal weekdays, I will normally wake up at 7 am and my girlfriend will have to wake me up by making a phone call (she’s in JB, so don’t get the wrong impression that she’s beside me on my bed, NO).

Ok, then the ‘Western breakfast’ after the service was a sort of encouragement for me as throughout the weekdays, we have been fed with nonsense breakfast menus until we all are fed up literally.

The first class at 8am in the morning was ‘the Book of Mark’ lectured by Prof. Edwin Buck. Couldn’t really hear his voice but anyway, Eisu and I had a great time ‘bluetoothing’ Jacob with silly pictures of ourselves. The class was a 3 credit hour class and only God knows how sleepy we were!

10 minutes after the class was over, we were still drowsy with Prof. Erwin’s ‘sleeping pills’ and yet, there was ANOTHER chapel service to attend and this time it was for the whole of STM community beginning from 11.15am until 12.30pm. The sermon was delivered in almost an hour and my God, I really wanted to sleep at that moment…!

The torment is not over yet!

Straightaway after the service, it was lunch time. I really thought that I could have a straight-to-the-bed rest after lunch BUT I had to stay back for a short steward group meeting in the canteen. I lost that opportunity…

I really need that short rest coz we have Educational Management class under Dr. Herbert Tan at 2pm!

The class finished at 4.30pm and to make things worse for my life in STM, the gardening was scheduled at 5pm!!! Actually it wasn’t really a gardening session but rather a weekly ‘gotong-royong’. Honestly speaking, I think only 12% of STM community agreed to have it weekly. Monthly sounds better to me. There I was, scrubbing the toilets with the help of some girls (I was the only guy in my section!).

Straightaway after the ‘gardening’ thingy I rushed to the Multi Purpose Hall to have our praise and worship practice for the next day which is BM Friday service. I am on the drums as usual and Miss Ho would definitely eye on my beat and tempo on the drums tomorrow morning. I remembered somewhere in last year she scolded me in front of the congregation in the chapel “don’t abuse the drums!” and I wasn’t even playing, I was getting the drums ready for the worship. Funny right? I will tell you more about her in my series of best selling novels in years to come.

Immediately after the practice session was over, I rushed to the field for FOOTBALL. Somehow, there were more than 20 players on the small field, and I can hardly touch the ball. What an evening I had! Non-stop actions right from morning and now I am in the field playing hectically. Thank God I didn’t faint during any of these ordeals…!

Then came dinner after football and shower and guess what? A replacement class for Educational Management class under Dr. Herbert Tan after the dinner…(O_o)…! 7.45pm till 9.25pm…

So here I am, tired and worn out. Not to mention burned out. A pail of laundry is waiting for me but it’s better to ignore it at the moment. All I can do now I sitting down here on my chair, too exhausted even to sleep! And sharing this life experience of mine with you is a beautiful thing to do because amidst of my weaknesses and shortcomings, God showed how mighty He is! Amen?

MT 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”

No comments: