Followers

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Believers NEED NOT to be alone.



A man was praying intensively in his bedroom…

“GOD, please help me to go through this! I can’t do this ALONE!

Give me the STRENGTH to move on

Give me the SIGN to carry on

Show me the WAY out of this ordeal!

GOD HELP ME….!”

Just as the man finished saying the last line, an SMS came that sounded something like this (it was from his local priest)

“Shallom, bro! Will you be free tomorrow evening, as I am inviting you to our Bible Study and fellowship in the church? There will also be a time of intercession and group discussion as well as praying for one another. Reply to state your attendance.”

And the reply from the man was:

“Reverend, I am at my weakest point and at the bottom pit of my life at the moment. I’ve been praying to God for SIGNS and WAYS to get out of this mess, but God is being silent. I’m so sorry, I need to be ALONE at this point of time. GBU.”

************************

Dear friends, God may be answering to your “plight and distress call-prayer” in the most humble and normal way, contrary to what u expected and prayed for. One thing for sure is that HE WILL AND HE IS ANSWERING without ignoring anyone of His children. The above ‘story’ is an everyday situation faced by some of pastors and priests across the world. I am one of them, who, feel sad and pity to those who took lightly of our invitation to fellowship.

Sometimes, our attitudes towards ‘koinonia’ or fellowship can also be the answer to our ‘lonely Christian life’.

Hebrews 10:25 - “not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

-Reverend Rodriguez Unak-

No comments: