Followers

Monday, April 28, 2008

Praise and Worship Visit to Chastity Home (Kajang).

'I LOVE YOU LORD!'




Last Saturday a team of faithful and dedicated Christians from St. Katherine's Church Kajang went to have a fellowship and pray for the residents of Chasity Home in Kajang. The home is for the physically challenged people and the elderly. They are actually abandoned by their family members due to certain reasons. Only God knows why.

The team was led by Aunty Sybil and comprised of Mrs. Rebecca, a youth leader,4 students from Masterskills Nursing College, a UKM student, the church's driver and myself. I played guitar for them.

The first person to greet us (while we were still outside of the fence) was an aged woman, apparently she had a difficulty to walk and speak properly. She waved at us and greeted, welcoming us to enter. Such a pure hospitality, a very rare scene in today's modern world. It was a very pure smile and full of warmth.

We went in to the compound but did not enter because the car porch was organized in such a way that all visitation could be made conveniently outside.

Then, it was time for a a praise and worship. I was playing the guitar.

In the middle of the worship, i suddenly broke down, still playing, i cried and cried without pausing to wipe my tears.

There, in the small circle that we made, a small physically challenged girl tried her best to clap along and danced in the middle. At first, i thought this was rather amusing (a normal reaction for any human, don't deny it) when finally it struck my heart and penitrated my soul, so strong that i cried.

If only we see this kind of true praise and worship among us, how delightful and pleased God is! Amen?!

For the first time in my life, i understood the meaning of "Break forth into dancing."





i have been to many churches, served in various places, never in my life to see this kind of unashamed worship. She danced without hesitation. I thought i can only see this in youtube where the African-American people would break forth into dancing.


"You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy."
(Psalm 30:11).

I don't think i need to elaborate more on it. Just let the Holy Spirit explain what i am trying to say to you. Look at us, look at our church and most importantly, look at STM's style of worship.

For months, i have been gathering comments and ideas of how to improve our praise and worship in STM and I am convince now that i should go for the Worship Chairperson post next year.










The most challenging part is, i am going to work along side with some strict people with strict regulations.


Oh ya, almost forgot to mention, 3 of the people there (including one home staff) accepted Christ that day, PRAISE BE TO GOD.



Shouldn't this become a good testimony for God's glory?

"Lord, forgive me for being selfish all this while and keep You only to my standard while in fact even the world can't even contain your greatness, and that people should praise you based on what they believe and not what i believe and how i want them to behave in praise and worship"





- a prayer of humility.............(????)..... certain people need to say this prayer....





No comments: